Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Saturday, June 30, 2012

And we're off!

The Tour de Fleece has begun! I still don't have what you might call a "concrete" goal, but I think that I'm going to aim for a major stash reduction, and to spin every day for the length of the tour. We shall see.

The picture above is the remainder of the fluffy green bamboo stuff that I said I needed to do last time. I whipped through that nonsense. Like a powerhouse. It was awesome. I still need to ply it, but that can happen tomorrow. Maybe. I have to do a lot of driving tomorrow. There may not be a lot of time for spinning.




Then I pulled out another braid from this year's Wool Market haul. It's one of the 4 braids that I bought from Bonkers, since I loved the superwash merino that I got last year. This year I didn't get any superwash, but I got a bunch of very colorful in just about every other variety offered. This braid is, apparently, merino and silk. In the Dragonfly colorway. Which turns out to be very appropriate, because the shiny silk gives the fiber kind of an iridescent look. Like dragonfly wings. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done.







I spun about 5 ounces of fiber tonight. Pretty impressive, considering all the other stuff I did today. Alone, because everyone nearby abandoned me. Cuz they have lives and stuff. It's rude, really. Ah well, more time for spinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment