Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ideal weekend

I have to tell you, I have had a pretty great weekend. I mean, last week I was kind of cranky. But on Friday night I headed up to Boulder to hang out with a friend and feed my brother dinner (it's the only way I get to see him). Oh, and I bought some fiber, because I was in the area of a yarn shop...

I have to tell you, I'm pretty sure I need to go on a fiber diet. I was doing ok for a while, but I wasn't actually cutting down the spinning stash because, while I wasn't buying any fiber, I wasn't spinning any fiber either. I finished my fiber from last time, though.
Like I said, it's polwarth wool and it's delicious. I really need to start thinking about projects to use up my handspun. I'll think of something.

Want to see some things that I have finished? I knew you did.
These are the Jimmy Beans Downton Abbey KAL mitts. I actually finished them... a couple weeks ago? They're lovely, though. I haven't threaded anything through the eyelets, but they're also not as slouchy as the designer may have intended. Regardless, I think they're marvelous! And the color is awesome too.







I also finished that wretched cowl. It's enormous! But very pretty and I'm sure I'll have a chance to wear it soon, it's been a bit chilly lately.







This isn't knitted, but I'm really excited and proud of it anyway. I made a Bohemian Carpet Bag from a pattern I purchased at the Fancy Tiger. It was more involved than I was expecting, but I really like the finished product. It's got lots of space, too. Holds an entire sweater's worth of yarn. Ask me how I know, haha.








Anyway, today I've spent my time knitting on the stripy sweater I had to rip out, spinning a little bit (the rest of that braid from last time), and baking things. Because who doesn't like fresh baked bread when it's cold?

1 comment:

  1. I totally don't need another bag, but your carpet bag is excellent!

    ReplyDelete