Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Undisciplined

I have nothing to knit.

Other than a sweater, a sock (almost done!), various "hibernating" projects, and a colorwork hat. I was going to add the Jimmy Beans KAL mystery item, but it turns out I have to wait until tomorrow for the next clue, so I really can't knit that.

I guess the real problem is that I have nothing I want to knit. Nothing that's cast on anyway. And I'm very strictly trying to finish things, and casting on something new is not conducive to finishing old, BORING things. (They're not really boring. They're just not exciting right now. Even though I only have like 24 more rows left on that sock... I should really work on it.)

It's just, I got a pile of yarn in the mail, and the cowl pattern I ordered those for was free... and I saw a beautiful shawl pattern online the other day, and translated it from Portuguese with a lot of guess work, and now I want to see how that's going to work out... And I may or may not have accidentally purchased some yarn for that shawl when I was buying sock blockers for these socks of mine.
Oops. But I couldn't resist! It's merino/silk and it's such a summery color. Admittedly, this picture sucks. I blame the sun (or I would, if I weren't so thoroughly enjoying the sun).

So, I'm definitely not going to cast on a whole bunch of other projects, I'm going to behave and work on things that I've already got cast on.








Oops. That's the Uno, Dos, Tres cowl from Jimmy Beans. I'm currently enjoying the half-linen stitch pattern, but I'm sure it'll get on my nerves soon enough.









Don't look at me like that. I couldn't stop myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment