Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had plenty of turkey and pie yesterday. I certainly did! I love Thanksgiving, it's one of my favorite holidays because of the food, but also because of the fact that we get to see people who are pretty much family. My favorite.

I don't have any pictures, since I was having too much fun, but I did take a picture of what I purchased today, since I went out on Black Friday and I was right near my favorite yarn store, which was having a sale!

This is a ruffle yarn, called Flounce that I"m going to use to make a scarf that I may or may not keep. Mostly I just want to be able to say I did it. But I do like the colors, and it's supposed to be a quick, fun project. So it may end up being a Christmas present, which, hey, isn't that bad an idea, since I'm a little slow going this year.

Some Alpaca with a Twist Fino, because of the beautiful shawl that was made out of it. Unfortunately, they were out of the book that the shawl is in, so I need to find that book somewhere... I'm working on it. It's beautiful, and I shall have it, even if it's scary real lace that looks like poo while you knit it. Much like the edging that I'm avoiding.

I will probably require a great deal of moral support.

This is some luscious baby alpaca fiber that I have had my eye on for a while. It's pretty much amazing. And it's mine, all miney mine mine.

In other news, I did some good work on the leaf lace shawl, and really need to get back to the melonstrosity, since I left it here for the last 2 days and am therefore behind. Gotta catch up!

2 comments: