Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Streak

I haven't been doing very much interesting knitting lately. It's a result of the fact that I haven't had much knitting time, I feel that my WIP list has reached critical mass (this is an arbitrary determination, not like I have a set number of WIPs that can be called "too many"), and the fact that I am really determined to finish the freaking melonstrosity soon-ish.

Or at least to make consistent progress on the beast.

I have, if you wish to know, knit 4 rows on the melonstrosity each day for the past week. That's right. I've got a knitting streak going. It's really great, because I can see that I'm making progress; I mean, I finished more than an entire block! But it's also putting pressure on me, because I don't want to fail now, when I'm doing so well.

So I've mostly been working on that blanket. And haven't really had time for much else. Because 4 rows of melonstrosity takes up about 2 hours of my life. Which isn't a big deal, since I have tv to catch up on and whatnot. It just means that I'm not knitting on anything interesting, or spinning anything that needs to be spun. Oh well. This needs to get done too.

What projects in your life have felt like a ball and chain?

2 comments:

  1. I was going to make my friend's kids some amigurumi for Christmas but then decided not to. I have so much other stuff to do that just those two projects were giving me anxiety so I cut them loose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent choice. Amigurumi are entertaining, but not when you have other things that need to be done

    ReplyDelete