Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Channeling

So, last time I blogged, I was talking about how I've been channeling my startitis urge into spinning up the pile of fiber that is in my room. I'm sorry to report that I haven't made much of a dent in the pile, because it's so very large, and I've been quite absorbed in the Velvet Morning cardigan (it's pretty fabulous, but miles of stockinette in a rather boring color was kind of a bad call), which is moving right along. The spinning has been getting some attention too, because of the aforementioned miles of stockinette.

This is some yarn that I spun for a spinalong inspired by classic literature. I chose Little Women. The fiber is Shetland, and I quite like the colors. I'm thinking that I maybe should have planned the plying a little bit better, but I'm sure I'll think of something to make this into.

This is what's on the wheel currently. It's some Lorna's Laces roving, in Tomfoolery (incidentally, I really love the goofy names of some of their colors).

I really need to get on the spinning... after the sweater. I'm really excited about the sweater.

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited by the sweater. I live vicariously through all y'all's knitting since I tend toward simple accessories and novelty items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to steal your sweater.

    Also, do you want a photo of the Pan's pooty fest for your spin-points?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you aren't. I'm never going to take it off or let it out of my sight once I've finished the sweater. And I don't need a picture, because I didn't really count that as part of my stash, since I always knew I was going to give it away. Thanks for asking!

      Delete