Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Saturday, January 14, 2012

International Traveler

Apologies for the abrupt blog silence. I have an excuse: I was abroad.






I went to Paris, which was rainy and gray for most of the time I was there, although that did not stop me from seeing the sights. I saw the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomph, the Champs de elysee, the Louvre... many things. It was beautiful, but difficult because my French is pretty much non-existent. I said "Merci" a lot, and looked confused more often. Fortunately, most Parisians speak at least a small amount of English. Enough to help out a lost or confused tourist.







While Paris was interesting, with many famous sights, I preferred London. Probably because I know a lot more about it, and because there are many more non-museum sights. Including Buckingham Palace! Unfortunately, since most of the sight-seeing we did was on a Sunday, I was unable to see the inside of things, since most of London shuts down on Sunday. Ah well, I shall have to return soon. Hopefully with people I like. I didn't like most of the people I was with this time.


Anyway, I am once more at home and we will return to regularly scheduled fiber programming as soon as I find the energy to photograph the stuff I've been working on. Probably tomorrow. I promise, it'll be good.

1 comment:

  1. I lurved the post card. Someday when we all have real, paying jobs the three of us can go abroad.

    PS spring break looks like it could be good.

    ReplyDelete