Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Friday, January 20, 2012

What I've been up to

I realize I was going to post several days ago, but I kept putting off taking pictures. Anyway, here's what's been going on at my house:






The only knitting that I took to Europe was a shawl. A lovely pink shawl, made from Lush, an angora and wool mix. I started it around Thanksgiving, and didn't finish it until slightly after I got back, but I got a great deal of it done while I was gone. It still needs to be blocked, but isn't it pretty?













When I got back, and had finished the shawl, I restarted a pair of socks. Remember the pair that I started last semester and messed up? Well, this is the same yarn, different pattern. I love them. They're fabulous.

I made a resolution that I would make socks in my class this semester, but I've already broken it. I blame the package that came in the mail yesterday.











I got sweater yarn! The pattern is Velvet Morning, from the winter Knitty. It's in Wool of the Andes from Knitpicks. I'm really excited about it. And I took it to class with me last night, because I apparently have some serious sweater lust.









I must also confess to some startitis... I have started another shawl, which I take to work with me, since it's not terribly attention-consuming, and I have had the yarn for a while. The yarn is Malabrigo lace, in Velvet Grapes, and the pattern is Off for a walk with Charlotte. It's going much more quickly than I thought it would, considering it's lace weight yarn.




I have also been considering casting on other projects, but I've been trying to channel the startitis energy into spinning, to try to get the spinning stash under control. It really needs to be got under control... wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. rude question:
    do you wear these shawls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not terribly rude. It's quite reasonable. Answer: sometimes. I wear the Harunis a lot. I haven't worn this pink shawl yet, because i haven't made the time to block it and make it all pretty and stuff. I don't know if I will wear it or not. The ones that look ok wadded up as scarves and stuff I totally wear.

      Delete