Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Drifting

I've been a bit unmotivated lately. I don't know what's up with that. It's not like I don't have many pretty things to work on. I just can't get excited about any of them. I bounce from shawl, to sweater (I may have caved and cast it on), to sock, to spinning, and back again. And the entire time, I think about how bored I am.

It might be the fault of my audiobooks. The reader for the ones I've been listening to lately is not the best. I'm very opinionated when it comes to book readers, though. These books will be done soon, though. Maybe my motivation will come back.







In the meantime, I've finished a sock. It's a nice sock, it fits nicely, the color is nice, the pattern is easy enough to remember without writing down notes... but it's just nice. Not inspiring.













And I plied "Goth Chick." The colors are a little paler than I thought they would be. It's shiny and soft and pretty wonderful. But also not inspiring.







And, in the category of "random stuff I think is cool":

A nail stamping kit. You paint on an undercoat, let it dry, and then pick a color and design to apply to your nails. It's pretty simple, and only cost 10 bucks at Bed, Bath and Beyond, even though I saw it at the Orange County Fair a couple years ago at a much higher price. Pretty brilliant.

Maybe pretty nails will improve my motivation?

No comments:

Post a Comment