Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Sunday, February 5, 2012

These are the sleeves that never end

I've reached the sleeves on my sweater. It's a lovely sweater. And the sleeves are going to be wonderful. I have finished the color work on them, and I've moved them to the same circular needle, so that I can work them 2 at a time, in the round (which is not how the pattern says to do it). I have learned that 2 at a time is the way to do sleeves. That way you don't have to count rows, and the sleeves end up with the same shaping and length and stuff. Pretty great.

They're taking forever.

I swear that every day for the past 3 days I've thought "today I will finish these sleeves." This has turned out not to be true. However, I think that I have finally made some progress on them. I think I just need 2 more inches before I start doing the sleeve cap shaping. Which is really exciting, because I can stop working in the round,  and I think it'll go faster after that.

Of course, then I'll have to do the collar stuff. But I can worry about that once I finish these freaking sleeves.

In the meantime, here is a picture of the yarn for the NEW sweater (which I'm sure will be wonderful, and glorious, and the sleeves won't take nearly as long... probably).
Pretty, yes? The color is like navy blue, kettle dyed, merino wool. It's going to be beautiful.

As soon as I finish these sleeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment