Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lust


The sweater is done. It's marvelous. It's long enough, it fits, the colors are marvelous... it's really warm. I've been wearing it a lot, cuz it's been kind of cold, and because I want to show it off, and because I'm worried that it may get stolen if I don't wear it.

Some people cannot be trusted around handknits. (I'm looking at you, Caitlin.)

Anyway, yes. I'm very proud of the sweater, and it's wonderful. The only problem is, I'm unenthused about most of my other knitting. I have a thrummed hat which isn't as exciting as it should be, a shawl that I started after I got back from London, which was fun for a while, but now I don't love it. Because I want to start another sweater.

I know that if I start another sweater, I will likely lose enthusiasm for it about halfway through, and therefore I'm trying to be the smart knitter who doesn't complain about second sweater syndrome. In order to not cast on another sweater (I just did the pocket linings, but those don't count, right?), I have started the shawl-along that Caitlin and I agreed to do.
It's a really nice shawl, and I'm mildly excited about it. The pattern is nice, the color is pretty, it's new...

But I really want another sweater.

1 comment:

  1. the peanut gallery votes start the damn sweater already...
    but only because i have a sleeve left on mine, and the sample im knitting for work.

    ReplyDelete