Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Progress report

I would like it to be known that I have finished the sweater sleeves! They're marvelous. I mean, as marvelous as sleeves for a sweater can be. Especially ones that took years (figuratively speaking) to make. I have now moved on to the collar edging. It's going to take even longer than the sleeves, because it's basically a long, skinny scarf of 2x2 ribbing that I will eventually need to sew to the inside edge of my sweater. Won't that be fun.

In lieu of sweater pictures, I have pictures of some spinning.



This is "Fairy Lights" on Punta wool. It's a Harry Potter colorway that I bought a while ago, not realizing that I was going to find the colors insipid after not much time spent spinning. It spun very nicely, though, and made a nice 3-ply. And now, it's going in the bag of skeins that I have no idea what to do with.











I believe I posted some pictures of this fiber in progress on the wheel. It's "Tomfoolery" on Lorna's Laces Superwash Merino. Very pretty, very bright, it has a destiny as something gorgeous and bright that will cheer me up, if I need it. I guess that means I should probably measure the yardage I've got...











This, if I ever get finished with this god-forsaken sweater, is destined to be my next spinning project. Funky Carolina "Goth Chick" on merino/silk. I've spun some of this fiber before, and it's luscious. I'm very excited. Or would be, if I thought there were really a chance that I'd ever be done with this sweater.





I know it seems like I've been complaining a lot about the sweater, but I feel that I must point out that I've felt a serious dedication to the completion of the sweater due to the weather. It's been snowing, and very very cold. Sweater weather, for sure. Let it be known that knitting a sweater is not, by any means the fastest way to procure cold-weather clothes. Lesson learned. I think.

1 comment:

  1. It's a good thing you're not in my neck of the woods. The weather hasn't really been winter like. Your motivation to finish would probably wain out here!

    ReplyDelete