Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A little Christmas present to myself

DO YOU SEE THAT?! That's the melonstrosity. I have finally killed it. I cast it off this afternoon, and wove in the ends, and tried to fold it up.

Do you know how heavy more than 40 skeins of Simply Soft knitted into a blanket is? Do you? Well, it's really *bleep*ing heavy. Like, really. Clearly, someone didn't think this plan through all that well.

Too late now! Now I'm going to love this blanket to bits. Because I invested several months of my life into it. And it's wonderful. I just need to find a place for it to live... hopefully somewhere with reinforced floors.

I now have the freedom to knit pretty much anything I want! And don't have to donate 2 hours every night in the hopes that someday I will be free of this blanket. Unfortunately, I'm still being dutiful. I have a hat that was a class project but now class is over, a cozy shawl that has been sadly neglected, a scarf made out of the new ruffle yarn that hasn't received my full attention because it's kind of difficult to knit with, a sweater that requires-wait for it- 3 charts, some socks that have fallen out of favor, and a lace shawl that I can't bear to look at because it's scary.

*Sigh* I guess it's back to the grindstone. Maybe I'll reward myself with some time on the spinning wheel before I slog away at those other projects, though...

1 comment: