Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A very hairy Christmas

I actually ended up knitting very few Christmas gifts this year. Maybe I maxed myself out last year. Or my friends and family have enough knitted items (perish the thought!) 





Anyway, this year I just knitted a couple of cowls, the same yarn and pattern. I posted about one of them earlier this year, because I thought I was gonna be on top of things. Ha! Anyway, 2 cowls. 











Then, because I love my brother beyond reason, and because he thought it would be funny, I made him a beard hat. I hope he likes/wears it. Because the half double crochets were much slower than just about any other stitch I have ever had to work, and the treble crochets in the beard were obnoxious as well. Holy poop.




Finally, I made a little fingerstache. Because all fake mustaches are hilarious. I can't imagine a time when I wouldn't find them funny. And my cousin clearly agrees, because she silk screened my brother a t-shirt that says "I mustache you a question"only with a mustache instead of the word. Freaking funny. Anyway, I bet she'll appreciate the fingerstache I made for her. Fortunately, it didn't take very long. And it's the only one I had to make, unlike the cup cozies I made last year that no one understood cuz Dad forgot to include the explanatory note (no, I'm not bitter, why do you ask?). Genius. I guess this actually counts as Hanukkah knitting, since she's Jewish... but who is counting?

Anyone else have some wonderful Christmas knitting to display?

No comments:

Post a Comment