Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

And it begins

The wedding event countdown is finally upon us. I am currently ensconced in Caitlin's "cozy" apartment, thinking that I'm gonna have to get up pretty early tomorrow in order to make my manicure appointment with Shelby. But that's ok, because it means that I'm done with work and school for the week! Huzzah! I was totally unenthused for being responsible this week, and now I can be done. Next week isn't going to be any better, but we'll just ignore that for now.

On the knitting front, I finally sewed up the chunky sweater. It's pretty good stuff, and the sleeves fit perfectly! Which I was worried about, but now I can just relax about it. Wanna see it?
Yay! I'm so excited to wear this. I'm gonna need a tank top to go under it, though.

Guess what else happened today? My parents returned from their little mini vacation, so the dog finally has enough human beings to cater to her. And my dad has finally been trained:
He brought me a yarn souvenir from New Mexico! Apparently he scoured Santa Fe for some fiber, since I have the new spinning wheel, but he was unable to find any, so he settled for some lovely yarn. I'm super excited to knit this stuff up. I'm thinking a hat.

Wish me luck on this marathon wedding weekend!

1 comment: