Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Look! A distraction!

I'm starting to feel the stress. And my favored method of dealing with stress is to not deal with it, and focus on something else. I never said it was a good method, just that it was my method. 


This weekend, we got our first snow! It's kind of hard to see, but I know it's there, so you can trust my word. It was really cold, and I finished the chunky sweater last week (it still needs to be blocked, but I'm giving myself a break), so I cast on a lovely new cowl. 
Pretty, right? I love cowls. They're so quick (compared to sweaters), and they can be either fairly simple or super complex, they don't involve any shaping at all, and you only have to make one of them. Basically, they're perfect. I'm nearly done with it, and I just started it on Friday afternoon. I'd say it's a pretty good project to get me out of the old project slump that I've been in lately. Maybe. Hopefully. This cowl is made out of Misti Alpaca handpainted yarn. It's pretty much the best stuff I've ever touched (except for maybe cashmere). The best part? It was a gift. My dearest Caitlin gave me some yarn when she was destashing, and these skeins weren't really the kinds of colors she likes to wear or use. But they certainly are mine!

One more thing:
My dog makes a really cute fairy, doncha think? She's adorable. 

1 comment: