Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Friday, October 28, 2011

Ouch

I've been standing up all day. Seriously, this is the first time I've had the chance to sit for more than about 2 minutes since I got up this morning. I had to clean the house, bake some really delicious cookies, go to work, come home and get ready for my pumpkin party, and then actually have the pumpkin party (which was really fun). Then, after the pumpkin party, because my dog is really sneaky, I had to chase her down the street and up an alley and corner her in some strangers driveway while waiting for my dad to bring reinforcements (peanut butter).

In the dark.

She is a black dog.

Bad combo.

Especially on aching legs.

Anyway, now that I'm sitting down (without my beer, dammit, I don't want to get up and get it), I thought I'd show you a couple things.

Pretty sweet pumpkins, right? The third one from the left is Mariah's first jack-o-lantern (she thinks). Yeah, I'm a twenty-something and I had a pumpkin carving party, what are you saying?

Mine is the one on the far right, it's the Grim Reaper (or Death, if you read Discworld). Pretty awesome, right? That's cuz the pumpkin kits my dad got had templates in them. Pretty much amazing.

Also:
Almost a whole, entire mitten! How exciting! And it fits. And it doesn't pucker (which I always worry about with colorwork). Yay! I haven't cast on the second mitten yet. Not because I have SMS-second mitten syndrome-but because I finished it kinda late last night, then had to sew the ends in and then I had a busy day and and I'm too stupid for colorwork. But never fear! I shall do my best to cast on tomorrow.

And now, my dears, I'm going to soak my aching legs in the hottest water I can stand. I was going to spin, but I don't see that happening.

1 comment: