Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Saturday, September 3, 2011

End of an obsession

It's official. I've finished the fourth monster scarf.
This one only took 3 days, but that was only because I was powering through the knitting to get the little bugger done. I'm officially sick of these monster scarves. Not that they aren't lovely, but I've made four in a row and it's becoming a little monotonous. Did I show you a picture of Abby's scarf? Here
The colors were all nice, I didn't hate any of them. I didn't have to rip back whole sections because I'd messed up the pattern. In short, they were nice, one-note kind of projects. And now I've got 3 other people who can wear them with me. (Note to self, get a picture of that. It'll probably be funny) But this epoch of monster scarf knitting can now be in the past and I can move on to bigger and better things.

The only question is: what bigger and better things? The bigger part had better be in a metaphysical sense because the only things larger than these scarves are baby blankets, and I'm not going down that road. That way madness lies. I'll have to think on it. Maybe work on one of my WIPs which have been sadly neglected during this scarfalicious period. Perhaps I'll go rummage for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment