Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Friday, September 30, 2011

I killed it myself

Guess what?
The Runcorn is done! I killed it myself. I finished all of the knitting on Wednesday night, and I finished the ends and buttons on Thursday morning. And then proceeded to wear it all day on Thursday, even though it was a little warm for a sweater. That's how proud of it I was. Isn't is gorgeous? It's got a few little quirks (because I'm sometimes an airhead), but I think I can live with them. For instance, the buttons are on the right hand side of the sweater and the buttonholes are on the left. While this is better than them both being on the same side, it is also opposite of what I expect when going to button a sweater. It's a little awkward. Also, I knit the ribbing for the collar on the size 8s, instead of the 6s, which is not how I did the edge ribbing for any of the other edges, but I think I'm ok with the way it looks. So there!

Funny story, though, I ordered the exact amount of yarn required for this sweater, and ended up with lots of extra main color, and a full skein of the green color left over. Must have been a marketing ploy. Guess I'll just have to store the leftovers until inspiration strikes.

This means that I am now free to focus on other projects that have been sadly neglected since I got sucked in to the black hole of knitting that was the Runcorn. Right now, I'm returning to the Cherie Amour sweater that I fell in love with not long ago. The only reason I abandoned this project was because I didn't want to lose the Runcorn into the terminal WIPs syndrome. This is not a problem I foresee for this Cherie, since it's knit in chunky yarn on size 13 needles. Pretty much excellent, even when you have to rip out 14 rows cuz you're pretty sure that you knit them wrong when you were drinking and stitching and watching "Tangled." Not that I'm admitting to any of that, of course.

Hopefully, the fact that I am no longer devoting all of my knitting energies to the Runcorn will mean that I have more interesting things to post about, and therefore more posts. Huffah!

These next two topics have nothing to do with knitting, but I think they're neat and relevant anyway. Some of you may know that it's fall, which is a wonderful season and has many things which I enjoy. Last weekend, my family decided to go do something we haven't done in years; go admire the changing aspen foliage.
Pretty, yes? I think so. Another of my favorite fall things is candy corn! And I finally made it to a Target store today to pick up the best kind of candy corn (less waxy tasting than the stuff you can get at the grocery store):
My inner child is delighted. I'm off to knit on something that is not a Runcorn!

1 comment:

  1. Yours is shapleyer than mine. That is so a word.

    I spent all day at the dog park in my runcorn! (5 hours)

    ReplyDelete