Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Knittin' Weekend

I had a fairly successful weekend. I went to see the lovely Caitlin and do various things. On Saturday, we drove around a lot: two yarn stores, my brother's school to drop off a package, and the cake place that we ordered Shelby's cake from. Let me tell you, cake tastings are awesome. Who doesn't love free cake in lots of different, and delicious, flavors?

With all that driving around in my car, it is unsurprising that I didn't get much finished this weekend. However, I was able to finish Robert's hat.
Lovely, no? I think he'll like it. Although we didn't meet up with him to give him the hat. No worries, Caitlin has strict instructions to take a picture of him in it if she sees him before I do. The hat was pretty quick, considering that I didn't dedicate specific knitting time to it. I mostly just left it in my purse and worked on it when I had a spare minute. Obviously that's the way to be for a project like this, even if the two balls of yarn took up a lot of purse space. The hat is posing on the monster scarf that Caitlin made for him this weekend. It's a good thing those projects are so quick, she'd kind of forgotten that she promised him a scarf.

In addition to the hat, I worked on several other projects. The colorful Cherie Amour, which I kind of lost interest in last night. It's hard to knit lace on very large needles while drinking wine and watching children's movies. So I wound a great deal of yarn instead. I did a few rows on the Runcorn, but I'd forgotten to bring the back so I could match up the armholes and everything, due to a very crazy Friday which I prefer not to discuss. Anyway, not much progress on the Runcorn. I shall rectify that tonight. I also finished up the first of a pair of fingerless mitts, except for the thumb. I prefer to leave the thumbs for last. That way I don't get screwed if I run out of yarn. But none of these projects got much attention, as I was busy spinning.





This is Mary, Mary Quite Contrary on BFL for the Nursery Rhyme spin-a-long from the Storied Yarns shop. I was a little on the fence about the colorway, but this picture is obviously very attractive and may have changed my mind. We shall see what the finished yarn looks like. I'm working very hard on this spinning cuz the deadline for the SAL is the 15th. Here's to hoping I make it!

2 comments:

  1. You have 4 days...if you work at it you can totally do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the colorway of the fiber. Can't wait to see how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete