Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sweater problem

I may have a sweater problem. This is just a possibility, you understand. A hypothetical. Because, really, can it be called a "problem" if it's not hurting anyone? But I do have a lot of sweaters in my "to knit" pile.

Observe:





First and foremost, the Runcorn. This picture is missing the back, which is already complete. But it is still in the queue, because I haven't really been knitting it. Just letting it languish and hoping it will knit itself. I think I'm really going to love it as a sweater. I just don't love weaving in all the ends.








Next, the new sweater, Cherie Amour. I've been waiting for the yarn to come in for about a week. And I was so excited that it came in the mail yesterday that I cast on immediately. I'm to the ribbing portion. It's a quick knit, because it's chunky yarn. I'm excited for it!





The chunky white tunic. Yes, that is my new yarn bureau. And a whole drawer full of chunky white yarn for this cabled tunic. My mother wanted to get some of the stuff off of my floor, so we reclaimed a bureau from storage and now it's filled with yarn and other crafty stuff! The white tunic got cast on in a fit of excitement, but has languished since mid-July because it was too effing hot to knit a sweater. This will probably go back in rotation after I finish the melonstrosity, since they require the same needles. It may go back in rotation before, if I regain enthusiasm for the project.





This little pile of Ultra Alpaca Fine yarn wants to be the Effortless Cardigan. I was on the fence about this pattern for so long. And then I saw an in-the-fleece version of it at the Estes Park Wool Market and had to have it. My LYS was having a sale... it was meant to be.






This lovely alpaca laceweight recently came home with me because the aforementioned LYS is closing, and was having an even bigger sale and I couldn't leave it there. Note the name of the blog. I recently had the inspiration that this yarn probably wants to be the Whisper Cardigan. Don't ruin my pretty dreams of having a lightweight alpaca sweater with your observations that knitting a laceweight cardigan is probably going to make me want to gouge my own eyes out with a knitting needle. I don't want to hear it.



Anyway. I don't see a problem with that many planned sweaters, do you? I live in Colorado, it's not like I'll never wear them. And it's not like I have them all cast on at once (ignore the fact that this is more likely attributed to my short supply of knitting needles, and my fear of my family committing me to the sanitarium rather than my heroic self-control). No sweater problems here, no sir!

No comments:

Post a Comment