Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Not much knitting

I haven't gotten much knitting done today.

I got a few rows done on the Christmas cowl for my mother, but then we had to clean the house before she flew back from Iowa, so I helped with that. Then I had to get dressed, check on her flight status, find my dad and herd everyone out the front door so that we could pick her up from the airport in time. And, in case you were wondering, she wasn't flying in to DIA so there wasn't any knitting time in the car. Plus, the only things I had on the needles (that I wanted to work on) were her cowl, which she obviously doesn't know about and I'd like to keep it that way, and Abby's scarf, ditto. So, no knitting in the car.

Then we went on errands. And Wyatt was grumpy. And so was I. Then we came home, had lunch and watched some really stupid tv. Has anyone ever heard of American Ninja Warrior? It's a reality show about these guys who are basically insane and challenge themselves to undergo the world's most intense obstacle course. No American has ever achieved the title of "Ninja Warrior" but they still keep trying. Long story short, Wyatt had set up DVR for all the episodes of ANW that he was going to miss because he now lives 2 hours away, so we watched about 5 episodes of it this afternoon.

I'm beginning I have a strange addiction to reality tv. I end up watching a lot of it. I suppose it's related to the fact that my work and school schedules set me up to be home a lot during the day. When there's nothing else on. Anyway, I was strangely fascinated by Ninja Warrior, and therefore didn't seclude myself in my room to work on secret Christmas knitting. Plus, Wyatt no longer lives at home and I needed to spend time with him while he was here.

Yeah, that's a good excuse.

I was going to knit while my parents went to the store, but then I remembered some things that I needed there, so I ended up going with them. Then it was dinnertime. And now, I'm sitting on the couch, typing with some knitting in my lap. The Runcorn is officially back in business. I've knit all of 2 rows on them. I'm planning to knit maybe 2 more rows before I give up for the night and go hide in my room to knit on something else. But I'm going to start putting in some serious work on this sweater, because I have another sweater that I'd like to make and I feel like having more than 2 sweaters on the needles at the same time seems a bit like unfaithfulness. And lacking in stick-to-it-iveness. So I have vowed to finish the Runcorn before casting on the new sweater. That way I can feel good about myself. And not need more cables for my interchangeable needles. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

1 comment:

  1. Now I have to work on the runcorn...are we doing 2 sides at a time? crap where did i put that little shit....hmmmm...maybe ill just go make some minions to knit my runcorn for me.

    ReplyDelete