Welcome!

A fiber addict's struggle to subdue her baser urges

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

More of the same

I was going to write about something else today. But then I remembered that I need to post some pictures, and I didn't have pictures for the other thing I was going to write about. So that will have to wait. Maybe tomorrow.

Today, I shall just say that my knitting continues apace. I got a fair amount of Abby's big ass scarf done today, because I had work and class, where I am able to knit more or less unmolested for large swathes of time.
It's overflowing my school bag in this picture. That should give you some idea of how much work I actually have to do for the MBA I'm working toward, i.e. NONE.

Caitlin and I started the fronts for our Runcorns, and I've already messed up some of the required decreases. Which is somewhat disheartening, since I hadn't even been drinking. Or doing anything else that required my attention. So bleh, and no picture of that because it's stuffed back in its bag until tomorrow. I'll just have to try harder. We decided that we would be happy if we finished the fronts before the end of the week. (Psst, Caitlin! What are we counting as the end of the week? Friday or Sunday?)







Also, I finished the cowl for my mother on Monday, but was too lazy to photograph it. And even having photographed it this evening, it doesn't look like much. I'm gonna make Abby come over and try it on anyway, so I'll make her pose for a picture when she does that. And I suppose I'll have to block it at some point, so it looks less like a lump of alpaca and more like the luscious, cozy winter accessory that it is!

We went to Texas Roadhouse for a fundraiser for Abby's sorority, btw. I ate too much, but it was delicious. And terribly unhealthy. I'd feel bad, but I love steak so much!



I worked a few rows on the melonstrosity this morning. It has been sadly neglected of late, because I had more exciting, and portable, things to do. Like scarves. And a cowl. So it hasn't seen much action and my efforts this morning were basically a drop in the bucket. I would vow to do better, but I have this thing about breaking vows, just because I object to making vows about things I enjoy. It's cuz I'm stubborn like that.

I think I need to do something to shake up my knitting in the near future. All this lazy k2, p2 rib nonsense is putting me in a coma. Suggest something exciting?

1 comment:

  1. Make some MochiMOchi...?

    The end of this week is totally next Monday, because thats when we declared a week. Dooiii

    ReplyDelete